DSS-4 Demo System - Asphalt or Dirt
(Completely Updated Used Control, Like New Fixtures. 1 Year Warranty on Electronics. 2 Year on Fixtures.)
Includes: DSS-4 Controls, Billet Scale Stands with choice of Quick Release Scale Roll Off Platforms or Quick Release Ramp System, Chassis Pull Down Cylinders, Acceleration & Deceleration Kit, Chassis Mounts,
RS400PRO Four Wheel Measurement Kit, Ground Plane Laser, Training and All Hardware Needed.
Industrial Grade Precision Components
We’ve built this control with heavy duty, industrial grade components.
This unit is made to be used a lot. Travel accuracy is +/- .005”! Routine tests regularly repeat to +/- .002”!
15” Touch Screen Controls & Display
Large 15” touch screen controls the system and displays all sensor data. Program tests directly from the touchscreen.
Use the Manual Joystick Controls as a system back-up or for quick adjustments.
Wireless Tablet Based Controls & Display
Control your system and view data wirelessly with the included tablet control and Wifi network.
Automatic “Go To” Function
Enter the travel or wheel loads you want to go to, press GO and the system will go to that point automatically.
Multi-Point/Track Simulation Function
Enter multiple points (Up to 500 Travels or Wheel Loads) and the system will automatically go to each point.
Enter amount of “pause time” in seconds between each point to allow for manual measurements. Stop test at any point.
Data Recording & Graphing
Record measurements from all sensors on any test.
Display graphs on screen for instant review or download to USB drive for in depth analysis on PC.
Read All Sensors on Main Screen
All sensor measurements are displayed on the main screen.
Quickly review live measurements for any sensor. Read Individual Wheel
Weights, Total Weight, Front %, Rear %, Left %, Right %, Cross %, Bite.
Push Button Sensor Zeroing
No separate calibration procedure or PC required.
Export recorded data to PC for in depth analysis via spreadsheet or other software.
Repeat Tests with Precision
Repeat the same test over and over within thousandths of an inch at the push of a button. Make minute changes and see the results in seconds.
4 Axis Travel Control
Control 3 chassis cylinders for suspension travel plus acceleration/deceleration cylinder.
Easy Programming – Completely user programmable on the screen. No computer experience required.
Simply input the shock travel or wheel weight you want to go to and the system will take it there.
Standard Sensors (Included)
(4) Shock Travel Sensors with Cables
(8) Load Cell Channels
Sway Bar, Bump Stops, System Cylinder Loads, Trailing Arms, Panhard Bar
(12) Travel Sensor Channels
System Cylinder Travels, Bump Steer, Rear Steer, 5th Coil/Pull Bar, Steering,
Pull Down Hardware & Fixtures
The DSS-4 system uses our proven modular high load scale stands, precision electric cylinders and chassis hardware.
Can be purchased as a surface plate mount system or portable beam system.
How to Use Your Pull Down Fixture for Performance Gains
- Use the fixture to establish your “track height”. This is the desired attitude (travel & roll) of the chassis on the track. Be sure to allow for tire roll clearance. 3/8” at the cross member & ¾” at the nose
- Adjust your spring/bump stop combination to reach the needed wheel loads at your track height. This is where you will set your bump stop timing, choose primary spring rates, bump stop rates and shims. During this process, you will watch wheel load curves and make sure you are not “spiking the load” causing grip loss.
- The first two steps will eliminate chassis over traveling and track contact, causing grip loss.
- Now that you know where the car will travel to, you can adjust dynamic balance. This is where the sway bar comes in. Move sway bar load (more roll/Stiffer Bar/softer RF) will increase dynamic cross. Less bar load will decrease cross.
- Next, adjust the dynamic bite through acceleration while maximizing total forward traction. (You need the acceleration kit for this.) Adjust trailing arm angles, top link positioning, etc.
- Through these five steps, you can test any combination of set-ups. You will see how they change your travel, know what travel adjustments to make and see how they affect dynamic balance. Through testing, you will know what your optimum dynamic balance is for each track.
- Different style tracks will produce different wheel loads. You will determine the wheel load for each track by testing, measuring chassis travel and then pulling the car down to that travel. Once you have the wheel loads recorded for each track, you can test set-ups for each track all year long. You will notice higher wheel loads in qualifying and be able to adjust travels for that easily.
- Next you will study your dynamic wheel positions. You will measure bump steer on both front wheels. Your will measure the dynamic camber and caster. You will measure caster jacking to see the affect it has on your chassis’ balance through steer. You will measure rear steer and lateral rear end movement. You will measure the contact patch alignment change from static to track height. Knowing these measurements, you will be able to make handling and grip adjustments accurately without affecting other areas of the chassis.
- You will watch for suspension binds as you travel the chassis under load and correct them.
- You will find bent items (spindles, axle tubes, control arms, etc.) and correct them.
- You will ensure that the chassis moves freely under load and repeats itself.
- Finally, you will compare set-ups and other chassis to identify unique characteristics that can be reproduced.
- Ultimately, the pull down fixture will allow you to fine tune set-ups and develop new set-ups for an advantage. It will eliminate time consuming errors at the track, costing you valuable practice time. It will help uncover chassis problems that cause performance loss far quicker than visual methods. And it will increase your knowledge of the chassis and suspension tremendously without excessive test days at the track.